Game drive & Walking Safari
Min: 1 Max: 25
Arusha National Park Day Tour
Game drive and walking safari
Located just 45 minutes drive from Arusha, Arusha National Park is Tanzania’s most accessible park in more ways than one. It’s not only conveniently located, but it’s also the best place to embark on walking and canoeing safaris – putting you closer to the action than anywhere else in the country!
While Arusha National Park has no large predators, it is home to Africa’s largest giraffe population, a variety of primate species, and a number of large herbivores.
It’s the perfect day out for a family or those wanting something different to the standard game drive experience.
- Tour duration: 1 day (approximately 8 hours)
- Start: Tour start from Arusha
- End: Arusha
- Destination visited: Arusha National Park
- Accommodation: Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour can be arranged
- A transfer from and back to the airport/hotel is included.
- We can help select your international flights and also book for you.
- Fly to/from Kilimanjaro Airport (JRO ) near Arusha. Or fly to/from Arusha Airport (ARK) via Dar es Salaam or Nairobi (Kenya)
- The park is just a few kilometres north east of Arusha, though the main gate is 25 km east of the city. It is also 58 km from Moshi and 35 km from Kilimanjaro International Airport (KIA).
- Location: Arusha National Park lies on a 300-kilometre axis of Africa’s most famous national parks, running from Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater in the west to Kilimanjaro National Park in the east.
- Wildlife: Despite the small size of the park, common animals include giraffe, Cape buffalo, zebra, warthog, the black-and-white colobus monkey, the blue monkey, flamingo, elephant, bushbuck and many other African animals.
- Leopard populations are present, but rarely seen. Birdlife in the forest is prolific, with many forest species more easily seen here than elsewhere on the tourist route
Day to day itinerary
Arusha National Park Day Trip Details
In the morning, we will collect you from your hotel in Arusha and take you to the Arusha National Park. The park has an incredible variety of fauna and flora, which cannot fail to impress. Hollywood also chose this region to film the movie “Hatari” in which Hardy Kruger starred alongside the legendary John Wayne. Your day trip will include a visit to the Ngurdo Crater. Buffaloes, waterbucks, giraffes, warthogs, zebras and baboons can be seen all year round as well as many different bird species. At the Momella Gate, an armed ranger will be waiting for you to accompany you on your walking safari that will give you the chance to experience the wildlife up-close. Only a few other national parks in Tanzania give you such an opportunity and it is something that should not be missed. Lunch will be taken at a picnic place and in the afternoon, you will continue your tour in the safari vehicle through the Arusha National Park. After plenty of time allocated for you to observe the wildlife, we will take you back to Arusha.
Conclude your tour back in your hotel in Arusha.
Meals included: Lunch
- Day trip according to the itinerary
- Transportation in a 4×4 safari vehicle
- Professional driver-guide
- National Park Ranger
- Meals according to the itinerary
- Mineral water
- All mentioned activities
- All national park fees
- Optional activities
- Alcoholic and soft drinks
- Visa fees
- Personal spending money for souvenirs etc.
- Travel insurance
Dates and Rates per person (in USD)
|Start dates||Single||2 people||3 people||4 people||5 people||6 people||7+ people|
|Jan 1, 2021 – Dec 31, 2021||334||230||196||172||151||140||Get Quote|
|Jan 1, 2022 – Dec 31, 2022||330||221||190||165||150||140||Get Quote|
Our rates are per person sharing unless we note differently. Please treat all pricing as a guide only:
- All rates are subject to availability and may change without notice.
- All prices and fares are quoted in U.S. dollars.
- Prices are per person based on double or single occupancy (unless otherwise noted) and do not include international airfare to/from your destination or internal flights during the expedition.
- Request a quote or speak to one of our African Safari Experts for the best, most current rates available.
- See the terms and conditions for this trip for more information.
UPDATED BOOKING POLICY
To provide you more flexibility, we have modified our booking policies. Through January 1, 2021, guests can book this itinerary with fully refundable deposits up until 90 days prior to departure. Learn More
HELPING KEEP YOU SAFE
Our health and safety protocols will consider the latest guidance and recommendations of the United Republic of Tanzania, Centers for Disease Control, international and local health agencies, and destination partners. Learn More