Terms & Conditions for all Bookings
We are Interlink Trails Limited (registered in United Republic of Tanzania under company registration number 140312) (“TO”, “we” or “us”). All bookings are subject to the following terms and conditions. These terms and conditions are not intended to exclude or limit any responsibility on our part which by law cannot be excluded or limited, or to exclude or limit any legal rights you may have. We may need to amend these terms and conditions from time to time.
- We will create a tailor-made holiday to suit your personal requirements.
- There will be a binding contract in respect of your booking when we receive payment of your deposit or for bookings made less than 120 days before your departure date when we receive payment in full.
- Bookings and subsequent contracts shall be deemed to have been concluded in Arusha, Tanzania and shall be interpreted according to the laws of the United Republic of Tanzania.
- Place of jurisdiction is Arusha, Tanzania.
- The party organiser accepts these terms and conditions on behalf of each member of the booking party and is liable for making full payment in respect of each member of the booking party (including anyone added or substituted at a later stage).
- The Company reserves the right to decline any booking without outlining the reasons for it.
Deposit & Payment
- A 30% deposit is required to secure a booking. This deposit forms part of the payment for the trip and shall be offset to the total amount charged to the client/agent.
- If the full amount is not paid at least four (4) weeks prior to departure, the Company reserves the right to treat the booking as cancelled and the deposit shall be forfeited.
- Clients/Agents booking within four (4) weeks of tour departure are required to pay the full amount immediately to secure the reservation.
- All bank charges are to be settled by the client or agent respectively. This includes transaction fees charged by our bank.
- The amount shown on the invoice, is the amount that needs to reflect in our account and should bank charges have been deducted, we would have to invoice you subsequently.
For amendments of existing bookings done by the client/ agent (e.g. departure dates, air tickets, accommodation, number of participants etc) a handling fee of 50 USD per booking applies. The handling fee will be charged in addition to the service provider fees.
- Cancellations must be sent in writing to the office that confirmed the reservation.
- Cancellations shall only be effective from the date of receipt of cancellation by the booking office.
- In case of a booking cancellation, the Company shall retain the full deposit.
- If a booking is cancelled the client is subject to a cancellation fee as follows:
* until 4 weeks prior to departure – 30% Cancellation Fee
* 4-2 weeks prior to departure – 50% Cancellation Fee
* 2-1 weeks prior to departure – 75% Cancellation Fee
* less then 1 week prior to departure – 100% Cancellation Fee
- The Company reserves the right to cancel any tour at its sole and absolute discretion, without prior notification in instances where this is unavoidable. However, in that case the Company agrees to refund all monies already paid by the client. This shall be the Company’s sole responsibility to the client and no claim for any damages, howsoever arising, shall accrue against the company.
Passports, Visas and Other Travel Documents
- It is the client’s sole responsibility to ensure that passports, visas, health certificates, proof of vaccinations and any other documentation required are all in order for the countries to be visited.
- The Company cannot be held liable for any consequences, damages or claims if the client does not attend correctly to the client’s documentation and related matters prior to commencement of the tour.
- At any time, all baggage and personal effects are at the client’s responsibility and the Company does not accept any liability for any loss or damage of any personal effects, howsoever arising.
- Clients are entitled to one bag of not more than 15 kg (backpack or soft bag – no hardtop suitcase) and a daypack. The Company reserves the right to refuse excess baggage. Please notice that on our trekking tours and on some “bush” flights other baggage regulations may apply.
- The client accepts that all tours are of an adventurous nature and involve an element of personal risk. Neither the Company nor any of its agents can be held liable in any way for any injury, loss of life or damage to property, howsoever caused. The client hereby indemnifies the Company and will hold the Company, its agent, assigns and servants harmless from any such claim.
- The client accepts full responsibility for all risks involved.
Authority on Tour
- The decisions of the Company’s guide/driver on tour shall at all times be final and binding.
- The client must at all times comply with the laws, customs and foreign exchange regulations of all countries visited.
The Company reserves the right to use any photographs and videos taken during tours for marketing or any other advertising material. The client hereby gives consent to use such photographs and authorises the Company to retain copyright for these photographs and such material.
Unforeseen circumstances including but not limited to war, mechanical breakdowns, weather, riots and other unforeseen reasons beyond the control of the Company may cause delays or alterations to the tour. The Company shall not be held liable in any way for any of these possible occurrences or any consequences, which may arise as a result of these.
Price changes & Website pricing
- The prices of your itinerary will be based on known costs at the date of issue of the itinerary based on the current National park fees and taxes.
- We reserve the right to increase the price of your trip after you have booked but no later than 30 days before the departure date, due to any increases in our costs of supplying your holiday (for exampleVAT, park/reserve/concession fees, transportation costs such as fuel, scheduled air fares and any other airline surcharges, or significant exchange rate fluctuations). If the increase is more than 10% of the total price of your itinerary, you will have the option either to accept the new price, to change your booking to an alternative trip with us if we are able to offer one (we will refund any price difference if the alternative is of a lower value), or to cancel your booking and receive a full refund of all monies paid. The option to cancel will be available for one week from the date you are told of the change.
- All prices published on www.interlinktrails.co.tz website are per person, based on two persons (unless otherwise stated) and quoted in US dollars (US$). Cost of obtaining passports or visas, border taxes (if applicable), tips for guide, driver and hotel staff, insurances, additional excursions or personal expenses are not included in the itinerary cost. Discount rates for children or peak-rates during high/festive season are not included. All prices on the website should be used as a guideline only. Interlink Trails cannot be held responsible for any changes or pricing errors. Interlink Trails will specify all cost in their invoices. The quotations are valid for 2 weeks.
Medical conditions and disabilities.
If you or any member of your party have any medical problem or disability which may affect your holiday, please tell us before you confirm your booking so that we can advise as to the suitability of the chosen arrangements. In any event, you must give us full details in writing at the time of booking. If we reasonably feel unable to properly accommodate the particular needs of the person concerned, we must reserve the right to decline the booking or, if full details are not given at the time of booking, cancel when we become aware of these details.
It is a condition of your booking that all clients must have in place travel insurance which covers All Risks including abandonment and which adequately meets their requirements in all respects.
Carriage by air and sea is subject to the terms and conditions of the carriers with whom you are travelling and to all applicable international conventions. We accept no liability whatsoever for cancellations, strikes, timetable changes, diversions, technical issues unrelated to us, lost or mislaid luggage, rescheduling costs, missed accommodation, delays which result from any operational decision of the carrier concerned, or for death, injury or illness that derives from carriage by air or sea.
These terms and conditions together with all correspondence form part of your contract with us. This contract and any matters arising from it shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with Tanzania laws and the courts of Tanzania shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any and all proceedings between us relating to this contract or arising out of it.
Problems and Disputes
- If you have a problem during your holiday, please inform the relevant organiser (camp/hotel manager/safari provider) immediately and he or she will endeavour to put things right.
- In case of the unlikely circumstances and or causes of any complaints while on tour it must be brought into attention of the company immediately. The company will do its best to resolve the situation promptly.